The professional screen printing is the technique that allows to implement any of print fabric is used to create corporate clothing or gadgets that bear logos or designs traced to a company.
Silk-screen printing on t-shirts or other clothing is a promotional tool that is still very effective today to facilitate the dissemination of brand knowledge and to put the memory of it in people: for this reason, ensuring high print quality is very important.
When you need to produce a print on a screen printing fabric for small numbers of shirts or clothing items, you may be tempted to do it yourself. In reality, the screen printing technique is not simple to apply, therefore it will be difficult to obtain a result comparable to that of a professional press.
Professional screen printing is carried out using special screen printing frames, that is, squares of permeable fabric fixed on wooden or metal frames . Each color to be applied requires a different frame. The frames are waterproofed at the points where the color must not be printed, while in the other parts it is left free to filter forming the desired design. This is done by printing one color at a time, until the drawing is completed.
The advantages of professional screen printing compared to DIY
Compared to DIY screen printing, professional screen printing offers higher quality, which translates into several advantages:
- Greater precision in design and logo, which are therefore more recognizable
- Longer life for printing on fabric, for personalized gadgets or long-use professional clothing
- A lower risk of errors and imperfections that lead to waste of material and an increase in the total cost
- Reduced printing and delivery times thanks to the possibility of working many garments in a short time with professional screen printing machines
- Greater healthiness and guarantee of non-toxicity thanks to the selection of ecological paints, which are neither harmful to man nor to the environment. Do-it-yourself screen printing, on the other hand, involves the risk of using paints with a high content of phthalates, toxic both during processing and afterwards, when the garment is worn
- Less investment compared to diy screen printing since the latter requires the purchase of an ad hoc screen printing machine or the construction of a rudimentary instrument, with inferior results.
The personalization of clothing in the company has precise communication purposes: it serves to make the company more recognizable, but also to make its identity and values evident at first sight.
The professional screen printing saves from the risks of image damage related to DIY screen printing: the consequences, in fact, can be much more negative than a simple printing on bad fabric.
A poorly realized screen printing sends very clear messages to customers and potential new customers: it is the representation of an imprecise, superficial company, which has little care of its work, which pays no attention to quality or to the success of its activities.
Screen printing on t-shirts made with poor quality is the mirror of a company of little value and above all unreliable : how many customers can be won with a representation of this kind?